Become a member
Sign up for an E-account
Who we are
Howitt Park Neighbourhood Residents' Association is a group of local residents who are concerned about the proposed rezoning and development of the old Lafarge Property located adjacent to Howitt Park.
The quality of life of in your neighbourhood could drastically change if this rezoning becomes a reality. This is an information sharing site for members and supporters of the Howitt Park Neighbourhood Residents' Association.
Visit often for information on:
- The application for rezoning;
- Our newsletters;
- Photos of the site;
- Letters and comments from members;
- Information from the city;
- Letters or articles in the newspapers.
Want to get involved?
A TOWERING MISTAKE
Rogers Communications has proposed to locate a cell/communication tower at the Alma
Street and Crimea Street intersection, more specifically, 37 meters east of Alma Street on
the north side of the tracks on CN Railway Lands.
Studies have found that the microwaves that are emitted from cell towers are being linked
to leukemia, infertility, cancer, Alzheimer’s, autism and short term exposure are known
to cause headaches, nausea, tinnitus, sleep disturbances, skin rashes, disorientation,
vertigo, changes in vision, and can affect the cardiovascular and nervous system.
It been stated that due to these concerns esidents within a 1000 meter radius should be consulted in advance to any installation of cell towers, base stations, antennas and transmitters so they can be informed of the biological health effects and have a say on the long-term implications of these devices in their immediate neighborhood and quality of life.
Howitt Park has put together a number of documents to assist you in making an informed
decision and we have included them for you on the website.
1. Summary of Guelph Ward 3 Meeting – May 27, 2014
2. How Does the Bell Cell Tower Affect You? (pdf)
3. Open Letter Regarding Placement of Cell Towers (pdf)
4. Wifi Exposure Chart (pdf)
5. EMF Intensity and Symptoms Guideline (pdf)
6. Press Release on Electromagnetic Waves #1 (pdf)
7 .Press Release on Electromagnetic Waves #2 (pdf)
9. Evidence of Risk Studies(pdf)
10. Rogers's Cell Tower Noticem(pdf)
11. Letter to Russell Tanz (pdf)
Images of Tower Location
Aerial Image #1
Aerial Image #2
City of Guelph Water Supply Master Plan - Notice of Completion
The City of Guelph has completed an update to the 2007 council-approved Water Supply Master Plan.